Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Sun May Rise in the East

at least
it settles in a fine location.

Well... although I have been out here on the East coast for a year now, I'm still not sold on the whole scene. I miss the constant sunshine, the slow pace, the good local bands and the micro- breweries of Southern California.

Actually, some things I do not miss are the hyper-active law enforcement, the effing liberals, the insurmountable cost of living and the bad air quality.

Anyway, now I'm in Northern Virginia and there's nothing I can do about it.

SO...a few things about me:
-I am 22 yrs old but I feel like I've lived a lifetime already
-I stayed at a religious community (some would call it a 'cult') for the past year because my husband asked me to "give it a try"- (yeah, it wasn't for me)
-I have a 6 month old son, who I gave birth to in my own bed- with no medical intervention whatsoever
-I was born in Louisiana, grew up in SoCal til I was 15 then went back to Louisiana to live with my grandma who made me attend a Catholic college prep school (yes, uniforms and all...)
-I work for a newspaper based out of Massachusetts called the Berkshire Beacon
-I want to open up a bakery/cafe called "Tangled up in Brew" (a pun on the Bob Dylan song, "Tangled up in Blue") but I don't have the money to do it, so if you have money, give it me! please!!
-I effing love music and
-I make a lot of art and write a lot of (non-gay) poetry

That's all for now. I hope people actually read this thing..otherwise I'll continue writing stuff in my dang stupid diary

No comments:

Post a Comment